Job offer: Senior Developer (C++, VR team)
What happens when you combine technology with imagination? 1000 realities studio! We are a leading VR studio and we decided to use our extensive skills and know-how in creating VR experiences to create a top-notch, innovative way of interacting with virtual worlds. Our project aims at designing the ‘Virtual Assistant’ - a completely new approach that enhances the intuitiveness of user interfaces in VR games. The Assistant will allow the player to interact with the games using the senses which so far have not been used in VR-based applications, including natural voice interface. As a part of the project, we will create a fun game, based in a futuristic universe and demonstrating the capabilities of our technology. Does creating such a platform sound like an exciting challenge? Joining our company will allow you to work on the outstanding technology in a healthy, crunch free environment and be the part of this exhilarating adventure. We are currently looking for a motivated Senior Developer to join our team.
- Working as part of a team creating an innovative voice interface creator for VR games.
- R&D work related to selecting and developing the technical components of the solution, including elements of the technological chain of a voice based chatbot interface.
- Development of an experimental chain of tools and solutions that will be the core of prototypes used for user experience research.
- Closely cooperating with VR developers, a game designer and 3D artists to create prototype VR experiences used for user experience research.
- Analysis of documentation, scientific literature and available solutions and tools.
- Developing scalable software that allows adding new features effectively and is easy to maintain.
- Implementation of a prototype technological chain of tools, including tools for testing interactions with the assistant, as well as a web platform.
- Implementation of an SDK prototype, integration of created solutions.
- Adapting the SDK to the expectations of users and testers.
Who are we looking for?
- You like R&D tasks, you are an enthusiastic, self-driven individual interested in new technologies.
- You are willing to work in our headquarters in Kraków, with occasional possibilities to work remotely.
- You have 4 or more years of professional C++ programming experience.
- You have software design and architecture knowledge, as well as familiarity with object oriented design patterns.
- You have a good understanding of linear algebra, in particular of subjects related to 3D transforms and coordinate systems.
- You have a hands-on experience with the Git version control system.
- You have excellent problem-solving skills.
- You have well developed communication skills.
- You have well developed planning and time management skills.
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken.
The following skills will be an additional asset:
- You have hands on experience with voice technologies (text-to-speech, speech-to-text or similar).
- You have experience with developing applications/games using a 3D graphics engine: Unreal Engine, Unity 3D or other similar technology.
- You have C# programming experience.
- You have hands-on experience with effectively profiling 3D applications to optimize performance.
- You have experience in developing applications/games for use with a VR headset and motion controllers in either Unreal Engine or Unity.
- You have (at least) basic understanding of all responsibilities related to day to day 3D application development, including level design, UI/UX design, animation scripting, particle effect scripting, AI design for NPCs, implementing multiplayer/multiuser, 3D modelling etc.
We are offering:
- Stable employment.
- Flexible working hours.
- Remote working (occasional).
- Development and training opportunities.
- Ability to implement your own ideas and solutions.
- Great atmosphere.
- Friendly and supportive company culture.
- Being a part of highly motivated, international team and working with the newest VR technologies.
- Monday breakfasts - each Monday the company organizes a breakfast and we eat together.
- Monthly nights out.
- Snacks and fresh fruits available in the office.
If you are excited about this role, please send us your application to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.